Stanhoe Parish Council
Stanhoe’s Parish Councillors work hard to make Stanhoe a good place to live. Read on down to find out more about their responsibilities and what they have done for Stanhoe recently.
For matters relating to the Parish Council contact the Parish Clerk:
Brewer’s Cottage, Bircham Road, Stanhoe PE31 8PT
tel 01485 518 570.
Use the menu on the left to view the minutes and agendas of Parish Council meetings.
As of 16 May 2019, Stanhoe’s Parish Councillors are:
- David Lord (Chairman)
- Rosemary Brown
- Jenny Lord
- Rita Birkin
- Mike Wilson
- Brian Gorton
Parish Council upcoming meetings
Recent news from Stanhoe Parish Council
Parish Council Agenda [Jul 2019]
Parish Council Agenda - 11th July 2019
Parish Council Accounts [Jun 2019]
Parish Council Accounts 2018/19
Parish Council Minutes [Jun 2019]
Parish Council Minutes - 16th May 2019
Parish Council Agenda [May 2019]
Parish Council Agenda - 16th May 2019
Parish Council Minutes [Apr 2019]
Parish Council Minutes - 7 March 2019
Parish Council Agenda [Feb 2019]
Parish Council Agenda - 7 March 2019
Parish Council budget
The precept received from the Borough for 2019/20 is £7,000.
Parish Council responsibilities
The Parish Council’s main duties are to:
- set a budget and a precept each year (the precept, which is funded from your council tax, currently averages around £52 per property);
- be aware of available grants and funding, and make applications as appropriate;
- encourage community participation and represent the interests of parishioners;
- liaise with other village bodies;
- maintain public rights of way;
- oversee planning applications;
- promote crime prevention;
- deal with drainage, ponds and ditches, highways, litter, closed churchyards, bus shelters, allotments, commons, community transport, recreational facilities, tourism;
- and much more.
To compare the responsibilities of the Parish, Borough and County Councils, see the Council and policing page.
Visit our detailed maps page page to see the boundary of the parishes of Stanhoe and Barwick. Note that Barwick does not have a Parish Council, and is not within the jurisdiction of Stanhoe Parish Council.