Stanhoe Parish Council

Clerk to Council – , Southgate House, Docking Road, Stanhoe, King’s Lynn, Norfolk PE31 8QF

Minutes of Parish Council Meeting

Held on Thursday 26th November 2009 in Village Hall at 7pm

Present: Cllrs Terry Austin (Chairman), Pamela Austin, Gill Fenn, Rosemary Brown, Pen Roche, Mark Roche.

Also in attendance were one members of Public.

1. To consider accepting apologies for absence

No Apologies received.

2. To record declarations of interest from members on any item to be discussed

No interests were declared.

3. To approve the Minutes of the last council meeting held on 24th September 2009

Minutes approved as a true and accurate record of the meeting.

4. To adjourn meeting to allow public participation

John Seedhouse raised hedge planting on Cross Lane and said the planting of hedging/trees would not be appreciated by a number of residents of Cross Lane.

JS also raised litter problems in the village and expressed the desire to have more support from the Council. After attending the Stanhoe Archive Group presentation the old pictures of the pond looked very good and he suggested that the pond should be restored to its former glory.

The Chair raised the problem of litter at the property beside Stanhoe Crossroads; on a previous planning application – which was approved – a condition was for a hedge to be put up. This has not been done. Ask Planning Department if this can be enforced.

5. To approve payments

Payments made to BCKLWN, Bill Punter and P Hallinan.

6. Village litter update

The Parish Council decided that they were in favour of anti-litter signage in principle.

Mark Roach to investigate signage costs and planning requirements.

7. To discuss the post of Parish Clerk

Three applications have been made so far. It is proposed to interview the applicants on a suitable date.

8. Windfarm update

A leaflet from CAPE is being distributed in the village. A CAPE meeting is to be held on Burnham Market on 4th December.

9. Comments on emergency plan

Draft plan was amended during group discussion. It is proposed the plan is launched at the Annual Parish Meeting.

10. Trees on Cross Lane

A letter will be sent by Terry Austin to Bernard Mathews of Cruso and Wilkin detailing a planting scheme for the hedge in Cross Lane.

11. Additional geese at the pond and pond island update

The additional geese at the pond are causing concern. Nobody knows who owns them.

RB was concerned the Council would be held responsible. Action by Clerk to ask suitable bodies what responsibility the Council has.

Island proposal was published on website. No feedback at all. TA to publish proposal in Saints Alive.

12. To discuss requirements for allotments

The Chair informed the meeting that six people have requested allotments. TA to write to Bernard Mathews at Cruso and Wilkin requesting use of the rough ground next to the Playing Fields for allotments.

13. To discuss proposal to close Docking Recycling Centre

A letter has been send to Michael Chenery objecting to the closure. The Council also said we should ask villagers to write to, Cabinet member for Environment and Waste, Norfolk County Council, to indicate their protest at the closure.

14. Correspondence

Yvonne Rawlings has requested the removal of Parish Council documents from her house. Parish Council approved payment of up to £100 for shredding unwanted documentation. This is after documents that must be kept have been separated out.

The documents that have to be retained need to go to a permanent storage facility.

Ask County Council what storage is available.

It was agreed to make a donation of £100 to BMACCS after they sent us their meeting minutes.

On Saturday 19th December there will be an unofficial walk along the unofficial new route of Stanhoe Byway No.1. All invited.

Meeting dates

14th January 2010

11th March 2010

Parish annual meeting set for 22nd April 2010.