Stanhoe Parish Council

Clerk to Council – , Southgate House, Docking Road, Stanhoe, King’s Lynn, Norfolk PE31 8QF

Minutes of Parish Council Meeting

Held on Thursday 5th March 2009 in Village Hall at 7pm

Present: Cllrs Pamela Austin, Terry Austin, Pen Roche, Mark Roche, Rosemary Brown, Jill Fenn, Don Bridge

Also present two members of public

1. To consider accepting apologies for absence

No apologies received. All present.

2. To approve the Minutes of the last council meeting held on 22nd January 2009

Member: Resolved to approve the minutes as a true and accurate record of the meeting.

3. To record declarations of interest from members on any item to be discussed

No interests were declared.

4. To adjourn meeting to allow public participation

Member of Public brought to the attention of council the way in which the trees and hedges were cut on the Barwick Road. He says the appearance was appalling and a disgrace.

He also raised the planning application for Ivy Farm.

The plan is to demolish the Farm house. He was arranging for a representative from English Heritage to view the property to ascertain if it could be made a listed building.

Second Member of Pubic wished to raise awareness of the Stanhoe Website and it was agreed that the Annual Parish meeting was a suitable opportunity.

Also it was suggested that a computer surgery could be held in the Village hall once a month. This needs broadband access to be available. Council agreed to see what options are available. In particular discuss with Joy Hack.

5. Annual parish meeting

Refreshments will be organised by Pen Roche. Charles Butcher will do a presentation on the Stanhoe Website. R. Monbiot will be contacted to confirm her attendance. Terry Austin to put together a presentation on Bircham road footpath.

6. To discuss plan for path on Bircham Rd

Assessment is scheduled for beginning of May. Trod path not possible after inspection by Paul Groom. Path inside Hedge still under consideration.

7. The council agreed to put forward funding applications for the following:

– a projector,

– storage cabinets, and

– a sensory garden.

8. To receive the following items for information

Playing Field

Gary Ayers has been contacted to cut Cross Lane Hedge. Council agreed to this work being done.

Unitary Authorities

Decision has been delayed until June.

Pond Latest

Dog and Litter Bins have been installed

9. To discuss Parish council Charitable donations policy

Resolved to allow charitable donations under section 137 powers where a charitable donation is agreed by the council to be beneficial to the members of the village.

10. To discuss provision of Emergency Plan

Resolved adopt the emergency plan template of a local council and D. Bridge and T. Austin to fill it in. Completed document will be reviewed by Council.

11. Correspondence

Letter from Leisure and Public Space regarding open water dangers was reviewed. Council voted there was no waters in the village that required a safety inspection.

Council copied on letter to Environmental Officer regarding the Hedge and Tree cutting on Barwick Rd.

Council agreed to write to Mike Holdsworth asking what can be done to avoid this in future.

12. To receive items for next agenda and set meeting dates

Emergency Plan

Parish Meeting Dates

Parish Annual meeting set for 23rd April

Parish Council Annual meeting set for 28th May

Parish Meeting 2nd July.