Stanhoe Parish Council

Minutes of Parish Council Meeting/Annual Parish Meeting

Held on Thursday, 16th May 2019 at 6.00pm
in the village Reading Room

Clerk to the Council – , tel 01485 518570

Mr. D. Lord (DL)  Chairman                    
Mrs. J. Lord (JL)
Mrs. R. Birkin (RB)
Mr M. Wilson (MW)

Miss. R. Brown (RBR)              

In Attendance:          
1 Member of the Public

1.      Signing of necessary documents by new Councillors: All members signed and submitted to the Clerk the following documents which were witnessed as appropriate:

·         Acceptance of Office

·         Register of Pecuniary Interest

·         Dispensation for those with disclosable personal interests

·         Codes of Conduct

2.      Appointment of Chairman and Vice-Chairman: DL informed Councillors that, subject to their approval, he would be willing to serve a further term as Chairman. MW proposed that DL continue to serve as Chairman, seconded by RB and unanimously agreed. Whilst Don Bridge, the previous Vice-Chairman, had decided not to stand for re-election, Councillors agreed that, for now, a Vice-Chairman would not be appointed. Councillors were unanimous in their praise for the extraordinary contribution that Don Bridge had made during his many years of service on the Parish Council.

3.      To consider apologies for absence:  RBR had given her apologies.

4.      To consider approval of the Minutes of the last meeting held on 7th March 2019:  No queries were raised and the Minutes were passed and signed by the Chairman.

5.      To record declarations of interest in any item to be discussed:  No declarations of interest were made.

6.     To adjourn the meeting to allow for public participation:  The member of the public in attendance did not wish to raise any issues.

7.      Co-option of Councillor(s): Mr. Brian Gorton, a long-standing resident of Stanhoe, had expressed an interest in joining the Parish Council. Mr Gorton had spoken with Councillors at a previous meeting so it was agreed unanimously that Mr. Gorton be co-opted on to Stanhoe Parish Council. The Clerk would arrange for the necessary paperwork to be signed by Mr. Gorton.

8.      Upkeep of the Village Pond: The Chairman advised Council that Brian Gorton (BG) (co-opted at 7.) had some knowledge regarding the maintenance and upkeep of ponds. It was agreed therefore that a fuller discussion would take place at the next meeting when BG would be present. This discussion would include anything that may be able to be done to improve on the ‘green’ look of the water.

9.      Village Gates: The Clerk confirmed that the bid for funding submitted under the Parish Partnership Scheme had been successful. Councillors agreed unanimously to take the project forward and instructed the Clerk to make the necessary arrangements.

10.  Go to Town Transport: The Chairman advised Council that he had received a response from WNCT acknowledging that consultation should have taken place before the removal of the Saturday service. Nevertheless, the letter reiterated that the reintroduction of the Saturday service would not be possible. In addition, WNCT confirmed that no further funding would be requested from Stanhoe Parish Council. In view of the confirmation that the Saturday service would not be reintroduced, Councillors did not consider it appropriate to write to WNCT again requesting the same. This position will be reviewed depending on further 'usage information’ RBR is able to produce to restate any case for the need and reintroduction of the Saturday service previously discussed.

11. SAM 2 Update: The Chairman advised Council that a further fault had occurred with the SAM 2, resulting in no data being downloaded, and it had to be returned to Westcotec for further repair. It had subsequently been returned but had been set for use in a 20mph zone! The Chairman had obtained instruction from Westcotec on how to change this.

12. Better Broadband for Norfolk (BBfN) - Update: A number of residents covered by Solution 1 had upgraded their Broadband to FTTP and, despite delays in installation, were pleased with the huge increase in speeds. The Clerk would request a progress update for Solution 2 from the BBfN Programme Director.

13. Permissive Paths in and around the Village: MW circulated a map of the village highlighting a route that could be walked around the village without the need to walk on the highway. The Clerk would scan the map to all Councillors so that they could consider the proposed route, and the implications, and discuss at the next meeting.

14. Proposed half pipe Skate Ramp: MW requested an update on the half pipe skate ramp. The Chairman explained that this was originally a MEHM Trust initiative which was supported by the Parish Council in respect of any planning requirements. The Chairman agreed to contact the new ChParish Council neither support nor object to application.air of the MEHM Trust to discuss.

15. Planning applications and information:  The following application had been received.

App Number Proposal Council Response
19/00820/O Outline application some matters reserved.
Construction of dwelling.
Beulah Cottage
Bircham Road
Parish Council neither support nor object to application.

16.       End of Year Accounts, Financial Report and approval of payments: Year End accounts as at 31st March 2019 were circulated by the Clerk. The accounts had been inspected by the Internal Auditor and no observations had been raised. Council agreed unanimously with the End of Year Accounts so the Chairman signed the Annual Governance and Accountability Return 2018/19.

Up to date income & expenditure accounts, budget report and bank statements were circulated by the Clerk. No queries were raised.

Approval was sought and agreed for the following payments:

Chq No Payee Reason £
100760 Gooch Pest Control Mole Control 72.00
100761 R. Canwell Internal Audit 35.00
100762 Came & Co Ltd Annual Insurance 415.85
100763 W. Leighton Salary March and April 2019 373.51
100764 W. Leighton Expenses March and April 2019 73.18
100765 HMRC PAYE March and April 2019 93.20

17.       Resident’s Concerns/Issues raised after the Agenda Published: The following items were brought to the attention of the Clerk after the Agenda had been published:

Nothing to report.

18.       Items for the next Agenda – meeting of 11th July 2019: 

·         Upkeep of the Pond
          Village Gates
·         SAM 2 Update
·         BBfN Update
·         Permissive Paths around the Village
·         Half pipe Skate Ramp

No other items were discussed and the meeting closed at 7.00pm.

The meeting was immediately followed by the Annual Parish Meeting at which approximately 15 members of the public attended.