Stanhoe Parish Council
Minutes of Parish Council Meeting
Held on Friday, 30th October 2015 at 11.00am
in the village Reading Room
Clerk to the Council – , tel 01485 518409
Mr. T. Austin (TA)
Mr. D. Bridge (DB)
Mr. D. Lord (DL)
Mrs. J. Lord (JL)
Miss R. Brown (RB)
Mr. M. Roche (MR)
Mr. A. Upton (AU)
No members of the public were present.
1. To consider apologies for absence
Apologies were received and accepted from all absentees.
2. To record any declarations of interest from council members in any item to be discussed
No declarations were made.
3. To consider the following planning applications made to the Borough:
1. Lean-to garden room at the rear of the property at 9, Station Road. (Borough planning ref 15/00983/F)
Councillors considered the application but could see no valid planning reason to object to this additional garden room and agreed to submit their response of ‘No objection’ to the Borough planning department.
2. Construction of a dwelling on land forming the property of Field House, Church Lane. (Borough planning ref 15/01624/F)
This application was for the erection of a new 4-bedroomed house on land currently forming the rear garden of Field House resulting in two completely separate plots. The entrance to the new dwelling would be on Church Lane adjacent to that of Field House. After some discussion, councillors agreed that there was no valid planning reason for objection but commented that the new dwelling would take up approximately two thirds of the existing plot leaving not much land with Field House. Councillors also commented on errors contained in the application which stated incorrectly that the dwelling would be on mains drainage which is not the case in Stanhoe properties. The application also stated that Stanhoe has a public bus service which has not been the case for many years.
Councillors’ decisions and comments would be sent to the Borough planning department by Monday, 2nd November.
No other matters were discussed and the meeting closed at 11.30am.