Stanhoe Parish Council
Minutes of Parish Council Meeting
Held on Thursday, 7th March 2019 at 6.00pm
in the village Reading Room
Clerk to the Council – , tel 01485 518570
Mr. D. Lord (DL) Chairman
Mr. D. Bridge (DB)
Miss. R. Brown (RBR)
Mrs. J. Lord (JL)
Mrs. R. Birkin (RB)
Mr M. Wilson (MW)
Mr M. Roche (MR)
5 Members of the Public
1. To consider apologies for absence: MR had given his apologies.
2. To consider approval of the Minutes of the last meeting held on 8th November 2018: Item 14 of the minutes of 10th January 2019 – The May Parish Council meeting and Annual Parish meeting would now take place on 16th May 2019. No further queries were raised and the Minutes were passed and signed by the Chairman.
3. To record declarations of interest in any item to be discussed: No declarations of interest were made.
4. To adjourn the meeting to allow for public participation: The members of the public did not wish to raise any issues.
5. Parish Council Elections 2019: Parish Council elections would be held on 2 May 2019. The Clerk issued Parish Councillors present with Nomination Papers which would require completion should Councillors wish to stand again. Completed Nomination Papers would need to be delivered, by hand, to the Returning Officer, BCKLWN, between Monday 18 March and 4pm on Wednesday 3 April. The Clerk agreed to do this.
The Chairman felt this an opportune moment to advise Councillors that MR had tendered his resignation from the Parish Council and would not be standing in the forthcoming elections. Unanimously, but with regret, Council accepted the letter of resignation and expressed their sincere gratitude for the huge contribution that MR had made, both to the Parish Council and the village in general, during his tenure as a Parish Councillor.
6. Upkeep of the Village Pond: The Chairman and DB has inspected the pond and surrounding area and agreed that some general housekeeping was required. This included cutting back of branches and brambles, cleaning of the benches and some general tidying. RB and her husband had kindly removed part of the tree that had fallen in the pond and had agreed to remove the remainder. The Chairman would choose a date for the general housekeeping to be undertaken and this would be advertised by the Clerk on Stanhoe.org and in Saints Alive inviting villagers to assist should they so wish. Councillors acknowledged that the Stanhoe pond was more ‘informal’ than the pond in Bircham and would therefore appear to look less tended.
7. Go to Town Transport: The Chairman had written to WNCT expressing the Council’s displeasure at the sudden removal, in January 2019, of the Saturday service, without consultation. A response was awaited.
8. Village Gates: A decision on whether the bid for funding submitted under the Parish Partnership Scheme was expected towards the end of March 2019.
9. SAM 2 Update: The Chairman advised Council that a fault had occurred with the SAM 2 and it had to be returned to Westcotec for repair. The fault had been identified as failure of the ‘radar’ and this had been replaced under warranty. The SAM 2 was now operational again. Whilst data for February 2019 had been lost, the fasted recorded speed in January 2019 was 55mph, recorded on the 7th at 11.10am with the SAM positioned at Longwall Barn facing Bircham.
10. Playing Field:
Dog Bin Provision: The proposed siting of the Dog Bin had received final approval from the BCKLWN following a site inspection on 7th March 2019. The Clerk would now order the Dog Bin and mounting post.
11. Better Broadband for Norfolk (BBfN) - Update: Councillors were aware that some residents had taken advantage of the improved speeds (approx. 60 mbps) available under FTTP (Solution 1) and others were awaiting upgrades towards the end of the month. It was now hoped that the service would be more reliable than in recent months and that Solution 2 would be completed on schedule and with fewer issues.
12. Highways Update: The Clerk had contacted the Highways Department to request an update on a number of issues and had received the following response:
I will get my inspector to check the grips & back ditches on Cross lane to see if they need cleaning, we do these on an as need basis rather than a regular programme now.
I will check to see where the ‘unsuitable for HGV’ signs are (for Church Lane), I asked my technician to organise them but obviously from what you are saying they have not been installed, I apologise for this.
The small scheme to replace the palisade fencing (opposite the pond) had to be postponed until 2019/20, so has yet to be programmed, once it does I will let you know, but my best guess at this point in time is late summer, autumn time.
13. Great British Spring Clean 2019: The Great British Spring Clean 2019 will take place between 22nd March and 23rd April 2019. Following the success of last year’s event Council agreed to take part again this year. Councillors able to assist should bring themselves and their gloves to the Reading Room at 10.00am on Saturday 13th April. The Clerk would advertise the event on Stanhoe.org and in Saints Alive inviting villagers to assist should they so wish.
14. Annual Parish Meeting 2019: The Annual Parish Meeting would take place at 7.00pm on 16th May 2019, following the Parish Council meeting. Whilst the Chairman would formally invite village organisations, the Clerk would attach an invitation to all residents to the April edition of Saints Alive
15. Planning applications and information: The following applications had been received/approved.
|App Number||Proposal||Council Response|
Demolition of existing dwelling and outbuildings and erection of replacement dwelling with attached carport.
|Application permitted by BCKLWN|
Church of All Saints
Church of All Saints
*The new property to replace Arline* would be known as Field View. This new property address had been approved by the BCKLWN.
16. Financial Report and approval of payments: Up to date income & expenditure accounts, budget report and bank statements were circulated by the Clerk. No queries were raised.
Approval was sought and agreed for the following payments:
|100755||D. Scales||Village Maintenance||160.00|
|100756||BCKLWN||Dog Bin Emptying||90.48|
|100757||W. Leighton||Salary January and February 2019||303.86|
|100758||W. Leighton||Expenses January and February 2019||60.53|
|100759||HMRC||PAYE January and February 2019||76.00|
17. Resident’s Concerns/Issues raised after the Agenda Published: The following items were brought to the attention of the Clerk after the Agenda had been published:
CPRE: An email had been received from CPRE on 6th March 2019 regarding a pledge campaign for the current consultation for the Local Plan Review for the BCKLWN. On this occasion Councillors did not wish to add Stanhoe to the list of Parish Councils who had signed up to the pledge.
18. Items for the next Agenda – meeting of 16th May 2019:
Upkeep of the Pond
SAM 2 Update
Go to Town Transport Update
No other items were discussed and the meeting closed at 7.05pm.