The Royal Air Force Bircham Newton Heritage Centre, just down the road from Stanhoe, will hold the first of its 2020 open days on Easter Sunday, 12 April. A further 14 open days will follow (see the list below).
The Heritage Centre has a unique collection of memorabilia from the former RAF station’s past service, which spanned more than 44 years, including two world wars and the Cold War. On display are photographs and personal memories of servicemen who served there and other related items from its fascinating history.
On open days the Heritage Centre is open from 10 am until 4 pm.
- Free entrance and car parking
- Disabled access and toilets
- Tea, coffee and biscuits available
2020 open days
- Easter: Sunday 12 and Monday 13 April
- Early May Bank Holiday Weekend: Friday 8 and Sunday 10 May
- Spring Bank Holiday Weekend: Sunday 24 and Monday 25 May
- Sunday 14 June
- Sunday 28 June
- Sunday 12 July
- Sunday 26 July
- Summer Bank Holiday Weekend: Sunday 30 and Monday 31 August
- Last Sunday in September: 27 September
- Last Sunday in October: 25 October
- Remembrance Sunday: 8 November
Venue: The National Construction College, Bircham Newton, Norfolk PE31 6RH. The National Construction College is signposted off the A148 and the B1454.
- , tel 01379 741884
- , tel 01362 860139