It’s Open Day
Get your Hog Roast tickets now!
£6 per person (children free). This is an expensive event to put on, and tickets sold in advance are a big help to the hard-working organisers.
Get your tickets from (tel 01485 518 324), or come along to the CIP on Tuesday mornings or Friday evenings. Tickets will also be on sale at WI functions.
poster: Roger Hargreaves
Saturday 22 May 2010 brings the first Stanhoe Open Day: Gardens and Hog Roast, a new take on the popular Gardens Open event.
Says Pen Roche, one of the organisers: “This year instead of only having the Gardens Open the PCC have decided on a change of direction and hope to involve as many people from the village as possible.”
The event, which is moving to a Saturday from its traditional Sunday, will include:
2:00 pm – 5:30 pm
- Gardens Open with stalls and a raffle
- An exhibition by the WI and a Stanhoe Archive IT presentation in the church
From 6:00 pm
- An Evening of Fun on the playing field.
- Hog Roast:
- tickets £6 per person;
- children free;
- marquee in case of bad weather;
- vegetarian option;
- beer, wine and soft drinks available.
- Live music by the Hunstanton Concert Band.
- Auction of Promises hosted by Tim Bentinck, who plays David Archer in The Archers, including:
- “Watch an Archers Episode being recorded, Meet the Cast and come away with a Signed Script– package;
- a visit to Elgood’s brewery;
- a meal for two at the Crown;
- a roll (6½ metres) of “Toile de Nantes” linen depicting an 18th century rural scene, from Nicole Fabre Designs, the Stanhoe company that brought you Johnny Depp’s waistcoat;
- 250 split logs ready for the fire;
- one ton of compost, delivered within 10 miles of Stanhoe;
- a two-hour garden consultation from Sue Hamilton, holder of an RHS Chelsea gold medal.
- Flights over Stanhoe and along the coast, in a vintage aircraft. By arrangement, and with a contribution to All Saints’ Church, Stanhoe.
“Please put 22nd May in your diaries and take part in this special village day,” says Pen.Enquiries to (tel 01485 518 324).