Stay Warm and Well
Supported by local health and care organisations in Norfolk and Waveney the latest Warm and Well Campaign is being launched to help people stay as well as possible during the cold months ahead.
The campaign encourages Norfolk and Waveney residents to “winter proof” their health and wellbeing by preparing for winter illnesses and reminding people what to do if they do fall ill.
Additionally, the campaign aims to support people to who may be struggling to pay bills or heat their home this winter by raising awareness of the wide range of winter hardship support that is available locally.
The Warm and Well campaign promotes some of the essential ways that residents can stay healthy, warm, and well this winter, including:
- Getting their flu and COVID-19 vaccinations as soon as they’re offered them
- Keeping themselves well this winter by staying warm, keeping active, and keeping a well-stocked medicine cabinet so they are prepared for common winter illnesses
- Advice for people who look after someone at home and how to set up an emergency carer plan
- Signposting people to the hardship support that is available and providing tips on how to make homes more energy efficient
- Encouraging use of the NHS 111 service, community pharmacies, Minor Injuries Units, and GP practice services instead of going to A&E
- Supporting people to look after their mental health
People can find all the information they need by visiting the Norfolk and Waveney Winter Well online portal.