Bramley Cottage, painted by David Newton in 1952. This picture shows the house with its flint walls continuing to the right hand end of the building. Shortly later a modern brick extension covered these walls. That end of the house changed hands in 1976 and the whole building was joined as one. Note the chicken pens and a small black and white cat at the foot of one of the apple trees.