Historic photos from the village of Stanhoe, Norfolk, UK
See the comments below for details of the history of the house.
Author (mandatory) :
Email address (mandatory) :
Comment (mandatory) :
The house was actually built in 1953
The house was built in the very late 1940's rather than earlier and was the home of Mr George Horn and his wife Mrs Ruby Horn.
Mr Horn was an Agricultural Merchant and sold animal feedstuffs from The Granary, the barn like building next door, and the distinctive yellow lorry featured was used in the business.
In later years The Granary became a Garden Centre run by Mr Roger Horn and his wife, who had their new house built at the far end of Parsons Lane.
When The Granary was demolished years after that, when Mr Roger Horn and family moved to Norwich, all 4 of the houses that now face Parsons lane were built.