Stanhoe Pit

Menu:

News


Garden delights

WI members enjoy the sunshine for their July meeting.

[More]


July film

Hidden Figures (PG) is showing in Stanhoe on 7 July.

[More]


Open Gardens

Stanhoe’s Open Gardens day on 3 June raised around £2,700 for All Saints’ church.

[More]


PC accounts

The latest Parish Council accounts are now available for inspection.

[More]


Mutiny!

A story of survival on the high seas inspires the WI.

[More]


Syderstone gardens

Syderstone Open Gardens is on Sunday 25 June.

[More]


Parish Meeting

Speeding tops discussion at the Parish Council’s annual presentation.

[More]

Tide times

Hunstanton 23 Jul
01:20 low (1.19m)
06:44 high (7.29m)
13:57 low (0.83m)
19:19 high (7.35m)

Contacts
in Stanhoe

Map
Where are we?

Houses for sale
@Rightmove

Old photos
Stanhoe history

Site map
of stanhoe.org

Norfolk events
Visit Norfolk

On the coast
Norfolk Coast Partnership

Stanhoe Parish Council

Minutes of Parish Council Meeting

Held on Thursday 27th May 2010 at 7.00pm
in the village Reading Room

Clerk to the Council – , tel 01485 518409

Present:

Mr T Austin – Chairman (TA)
Mrs P Austin (PA)
Mr D Bridge (DB)
Miss R Brown (RB)
Mr M Roche (MR)
Mrs P Roche (PR)

Three members of the public were also in attendance.


Prior to the commencement of the meeting, a presentation was given by Mr. Peter Morris of West Norfolk Voluntary Community Action Group and Mr. Richard Bird of the Safer Neighbourhood Action Panel (SNAP, formerly known as the Local Action Group) bringing everyone’s attention to the work done by SNAP. Although primarily concerned in the beginning with policing matters, the group is now involved with various initiatives, in particular with young people, to encourage community activities and clubs. Also of concern to SNAP were the high percentage of retired people, second home owners and falling pupil numbers in school. SNAP has been liaising with other interested parties to try to reduce potential problems within their geographical area. A meeting is held on the first Thursday of each month in Hunstanton Town Hall which provides the opportunity for Parish concerns to be discussed and courses of action planned if possible. Councillors are encouraged to attend. The police are represented at these meetings on alternate dates.

The Chairman thanked Mr. Morris and Mr. Bird for the useful insight into the role of SNAP and for taking the time to attend the council meeting. The gentlemen then left the meeting.

1. To consider accepting apologies for absence

All councillors present.

2. To consider approval of the Minutes of the previous meeting

Subject to an amendment to paragraph 5(i), the Minutes were approved and signed by the Chairman.

3. To record declarations of interest from members in any item to be discussed

No declarations of interest registered.

4. To adjourn meeting to allow public participation

The members of public present had no questions or comments.

5. Election of a Parish Council Chairman

The chairman (TA) reminded councillors that he had accepted the position in May 2009 for one year only. DB proposed a vote of thanks for TA’s contribution during the past year which was seconded by PR and declared unanimous. No other councillor was nominated or volunteered for the position, therefore, TA offered to continue for one further year. Acceptance of the offer was proposed by DB, seconded by PR and unanimously agreed.

6. Presentation of the Accounts for year ended 31st. March 2010

The clerk circulated copies of the final accounts with detailed notes on income and expenditure. The surplus for the year was higher than the previous year but this had been planned in order to build up the Council’s reserves to the recommended level. Acceptance of the accounts was proposed by PR, seconded by PA and unanimously agreed.

7. Review of Annual Parish Meeting and setting of date for 2011

It was generally agreed that this had been an enjoyable and very sociable meeting and that the presentations made both for and against the proposed wind farm had been presented in an informed and professional manner. The date for 2011 would be Thursday, 14th April 2011 at 7.30pm. PR agreed to organize refreshments again.

8. Stanhoe – a Conservation Area

There had been a very positive reaction to this suggestion when presented at the Annual Parish Meeting with no negative responses. PA has arranged to meet Pam Lynn, a conservation officer from the Borough Council, in order to make a tour of the village and discuss procedures for conversion to a conservation area.

9. Minor Vandalism to Village Pond and Play Area

It was regretted that a wreath had been removed from the war memorial and an –Open Gardens’ notice destroyed. The fence around the play area on the playing fields had again been vandalised. It was agreed that the Clerk should arrange for repairs to be carried out.

10. Walking Inspection of the Village by Councillors

This was arranged for Friday, 25th June 2010 at 6.30pm. starting from the village hall.

11. To receive updates on previously discussed items

i) two local residents had agreed to capture and remove unwanted geese for collection by RSPCA.

ii) no further news on Docking Recycling Centre. Closure still scheduled for 30th June 2010.

iii) wind farms – there had been two CLG meetings since the previous parish – council meeting. Potential noise problems had been discussed with RES stating that the noise level would be within approved guidelines. A possible 7 day survey would be carried out on existing noise levels surrounding properties in the affected area. RES seemed confident that 6 turbines were the most suitable number for the chosen area but could not give definite assurances on any possible future development. It emerged that the re- instatement of lanes, surrounding the proposed site, to their original state would not be after completion of initial construction as previously understood but after the 25 year life of the turbines. The next CLG meeting will be on 16th June 2010 in Syderstone village hall.

iv) the Clerk presented two quotes for the repair and re-pointing of the base of the village cross. A further quote was requested before a decision would be taken.

v) the Clerk had contacted the County Council regarding necessary repairs to the palisade fence near the village pond and was assured the repair was on a list of work to be done.

vi) the Borough Council could not offer any advice on the disposal of dead ducks. The clerk had received a complaint that dead ducks had been moved from the road and left at the gate of a cottage near the pond. DB agreed to remove any dead ducks in future.

vii) numbers attending CIP sessions were increasing. Those attending gave a donation towards hall rental charges with the Parish Council making up the shortfall which, to date, amounted to £50. PA suggested the use of the computer at the end of WI meetings in order to encourage learners. She had also distributed leaflets to caravan sites in the area notifying people of the availability of free wireless internet access.

viii) an application form had been obtained to apply for a small grant to equip an official litter warden for the village. John Seedhouse, who voluntarily collects litter on a regular basis, will give consideration to making the application.

12. War Memorial – gardening

RB requested that arrangements should be made to maintain the grassed area around the Memorial and also the area surrounding the village sign. Clerk to arrange.

13. Fence at the rear of the Pond

RB reported a broken barbed wire fence which could be harmful. The fence was the responsibility of the owner of the adjoining field, however, Councillors agreed to inspect and discuss the matter on their walking tour of the village.

14. Coasthopper bus route through Docking

RB had noted that the Coasthopper route had been amended on some journeys to include Docking during the Summer months 2010 but would still bypass Stanhoe. The clerk was asked to contact the bus company with a proposal that the amended route should also include Stanhoe in future.

15. Planning Application for Northgate Cottage

A previous application had been turned down due to proposed windows overlooking a neighbour’s garden which was considered intrusive. The revised application proposes velux roof lights instead. TA agreed to contact the neighbour concerned to obtain an opinion before submitting the Council’s response to the application.

16. Update on Social Club

Following the disbandment of the Social Club, an indoor bowls mat had been sold. This was regretted as the mat had been purchased through a grant given to the Parish Council and sold without its knowledge. DB agreed to give a further update as soon as was able.

17. To consider donations to local organizations and to approve payments

Various requests for donations had been received by the clerk. It was agreed that £100 should be given to the Burnham Market Community Car Scheme and £50 to the Fakenham and Wells Citizens Advice Bureau as both these organizations could benefit the whole community. Payments were approved to the MEHM Trust for hire of the hall for CIP sessions and to the clerk for salary and expenses.

18. To receive items for the next Agenda and to set meeting dates

The next meeting is scheduled for Thursday, 8th July 2010. The following Agenda items were agreed:

SNAP

Allotments

Hedges – Cross Lane

Village Emergency Plan

Additional quote for repair of village cross

Possibility of Barwick representatives joining Stanhoe Parish Council

Purpose of new mast at North Creake/Stanhoe boundary

Updates on – walking inspection

conservation area

Docking recycling centre

The meeting closed at 9.30pm.