Stanhoe Archive photos

Historic photos from the village of Stanhoe, Norfolk, UK

Stanhoe_00287.jpg The Grange, 1992ThumbnailsThe Pit, 1992The Grange, 1992ThumbnailsThe Pit, 1992The Grange, 1992ThumbnailsThe Pit, 1992The Grange, 1992ThumbnailsThe Pit, 1992The Grange, 1992ThumbnailsThe Pit, 1992The Grange, 1992ThumbnailsThe Pit, 1992The Grange, 1992ThumbnailsThe Pit, 1992

Although the Stanhoe Wesleyan chapel was formed in 1827 the building was erected in 1845 (there was a date plaque on the front originally.) It was closed in1930 partly due to disrepair but mainly beacause of the Methodist Union. In 1933 the building was sold for £17.10.00 for use by the village Boy Scouts patrol
It later was sold for residential use and has been a "holiday home" in recent years.

Visits 2153
Rating score (no rating)
Rate this photo

Comments