Stanhoe Archive photos

Historic photos from the village of Stanhoe, Norfolk, UK

Stanhoe_00459.jpg Children on the school playing fieldThumbnailsGuy and Alice Cross at Ivydill, Cross Lane 1952Children on the school playing fieldThumbnailsGuy and Alice Cross at Ivydill, Cross Lane 1952Children on the school playing fieldThumbnailsGuy and Alice Cross at Ivydill, Cross Lane 1952Children on the school playing fieldThumbnailsGuy and Alice Cross at Ivydill, Cross Lane 1952Children on the school playing fieldThumbnailsGuy and Alice Cross at Ivydill, Cross Lane 1952Children on the school playing fieldThumbnailsGuy and Alice Cross at Ivydill, Cross Lane 1952Children on the school playing fieldThumbnailsGuy and Alice Cross at Ivydill, Cross Lane 1952

All Saints' church reredos, made in oak wood by John Rowe, carpenter, of Stanhoe.

The inscription reads; "To the glory of god and in loving memory of Guy Cross 1884-1955, churchwarden and chorister. Erected by his widow."

When the reredos was erected the whole of the altar area was refurbished with gold coloured fabrics and carpet to replace the blue furnishings.

Visits 1678
Rating score (no rating)
Rate this photo

Comments