Stanhoe Archive photos

Historic photos from the village of Stanhoe, Norfolk, UK

Stanhoe_00300.jpg 1950s -  All Saints' church: reredos by John RoweThumbnailsA chalk and brick cottage on the east side of the Pit.1950s -  All Saints' church: reredos by John RoweThumbnailsA chalk and brick cottage on the east side of the Pit.1950s -  All Saints' church: reredos by John RoweThumbnailsA chalk and brick cottage on the east side of the Pit.1950s -  All Saints' church: reredos by John RoweThumbnailsA chalk and brick cottage on the east side of the Pit.1950s -  All Saints' church: reredos by John RoweThumbnailsA chalk and brick cottage on the east side of the Pit.1950s -  All Saints' church: reredos by John RoweThumbnailsA chalk and brick cottage on the east side of the Pit.1950s -  All Saints' church: reredos by John RoweThumbnailsA chalk and brick cottage on the east side of the Pit.

Guy and Alice Cross in their garden at Ivydil, 1952,

Mrs Cross is working on the carpet for which she was reknowned.

They were the first people to retire from London - where they were teachers - to a Stanhoe cottage. This was in the 1930s.

Mrs Cross ran the GFS for the village girls.

Mr Cross was active in church works and was a church warden and a chorister. There is a reredos in his memory in the church.

Visits 4925
Rating score (no rating)
Rate this photo

Comments