Stanhoe Archive photos

Historic photos from the village of Stanhoe, Norfolk, UK

Home / User comments

Filter
Display

• Chloe-Ella willcox - Monday 19 December 2016 22:58
    Hi i am looking for relatives of john linge senior. I am the 2nd great-granddaughter of Julian linge who is John's brother
    please contact me at chloe-ella.willcox@live.co.uk
  • Chloe-Ella willcox - Monday 19 December 2016 22:54
    I am looking for relatives of john linge, I am 2nd great-granddaughter of his brother Julian Linge
  • T Bradley - Friday 30 September 2016 19:29
    I think this could be a missing link in our family tree. John, in the picture, is also my great-great-grandfather. Research showed that his eldest son was called John and that he moved away. No further was known about him until John (senior) 's will where John (junior) is mentioned. It would be great to fill in the gap.
  • T Bradley - Thursday 29 September 2016 20:47
    The gig (on the right) was used by John Linge in the early 1900s although the photo was taken many years later, at his great-grandson's farm.
  • T Bradley - Thursday 29 September 2016 20:40
    Date: c 1900 (in the 1901 census Susannah is recorded as 32 years old )
  • T Bradley - Thursday 29 September 2016 20:31
    Date c1922
  • T Bradley - Thursday 29 September 2016 20:09
    No - not John D L Linge.
  • Thelma Bradley - Thursday 29 September 2016 19:52
  • Charles - Monday 22 August 2016 14:27
    Thanks for all the comments. I've updated the caption to reflect them, I hope, but let us know if I've misunderstood anything. Still a few names to go!
  • Barry Thompson - Thursday 18 August 2016 16:25
    Number 4 is Jean Johnson and Number 41 is Janet Johnson.
    Number 19 is Teresa Gibson. If 26 is actually one of the Butcher boys he would be Freddy