Stanhoe Archive photos

Historic photos from the village of Stanhoe, Norfolk, UK

Home / User comments

Filter
Display

• John Linge - Friday 14 July 2017 07:49
    I am the great great grandson of John Linge, and the great grandson of his eldest son, also John. He left home as soon as he was able, and never went back until the old man had died. I would be interested to know more. Please feel free to email me. johnlinge@btinternet.com
  • John Linge - Friday 14 July 2017 07:27
    His eldest son, also John, was my great grandfather. I am named after him. He moved to London as soon as he was able, and as far as I can gather never went back to Norfolk until the old man had died. It is also interesting to note from a census that old John Linge's youngest daughter was born when her mother was I believe over 50.
  • Chloe-Ella willcox - Monday 19 December 2016 22:58
    Hi i am looking for relatives of john linge senior. I am the 2nd great-granddaughter of Julian linge who is John's brother
    please contact me at chloe-ella.willcox@live.co.uk
  • Chloe-Ella willcox - Monday 19 December 2016 22:54
    I am looking for relatives of john linge, I am 2nd great-granddaughter of his brother Julian Linge
  • T Bradley - Friday 30 September 2016 19:29
    I think this could be a missing link in our family tree. John, in the picture, is also my great-great-grandfather. Research showed that his eldest son was called John and that he moved away. No further was known about him until John (senior) 's will where John (junior) is mentioned. It would be great to fill in the gap.
  • T Bradley - Thursday 29 September 2016 20:47
    The gig (on the right) was used by John Linge in the early 1900s although the photo was taken many years later, at his great-grandson's farm.
  • T Bradley - Thursday 29 September 2016 20:40
    Date: c 1900 (in the 1901 census Susannah is recorded as 32 years old )
  • T Bradley - Thursday 29 September 2016 20:31